Posts tagged ‘money’
While you are busy making room for the new…
are you left wondering where to put the old?
CFK would like to remind you that many schools and organizations would love you to recycle those older electronics! Not only would you be helping your community, you would be saving the planet. Start the year off on a positive step and cross off those resolutions!
Cell Phones, Laser Cartridges, Laptops, eReaders, Tablets, iPads, iPods, Video Games and Consoles
Cartridges for Kids is wishing a you a very Happy and Safe New Year!
We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Check out our latest Featured Recycler story…HERE!
We’ve told you about Gull Lake Middle School once before, but we thought we’d tell you again because it’s just so great.
So you wanna be our next Featured Recycler? Tell us your story. Email us (contact [at] cfktoday [dot] com), call (800.420.0235) or fill out our online contact form. We want to hear about what YOU’RE doing. Then we’ll spread it around like hot gossip. Because everyone should know about recycling.
We have told you ALL ABOUT recycling trees for over a year now, but in case you’re just joining us, here’s the lowdown:
1. Clear a spot on a wall, preferably one that everyone in your group sees often.
2. Use butcher paper to create a tree trunk and hang it on the wall.
3. Tell everyone that you’ll give a paper leaf to whoever brings in an item to recycle. It can be a used cell phone, empty ink cartridge, used laptop, DVD movie, GPS device, digital camera, video game, calculator, or iPod.
4. Recyclers can decorate or write their name on their leaf and put it on the trunk.
5. The more you recycle, the bigger your tree gets!
Anyway, whether you remember or not, we’re gonna do it again!
Pledge bags are cute little 6 X 9 inch bags that encourage recycling at your school. You pass them out and tell everyone to bring the bag back with at least one item in it.
What do you put in the pledge bags? Thanks for asking. An inkjet cartridge, a cell phone, a digital camera, an ipod, or tape the bag to a laptop or xbox console and bring it in. Make sure that the student and parent sign the back of the pledge bag…this means they pledge to recycle all year long!
What do you do with the bags once they’re returned? Keep them. Hang on to them. We don’t need them. Put all the bags in a central location and use them to give out prizes. Tell everyone that you’ll hold a drawing every week, every month, or whenever you want. Draw one of the bags, and give that lucky recycler a prize of your choice. In the past, people have given away extra recess time, lunch with the principal, stickers, or one of our “Caught You Recycling” cards.
How do I get the word out that we’re using the bags? We’ve typed up an email that you can send home to parents or other supporters. Click here to get it. Other than that, spread the word the same way you would about the rest of your recycling program: over the intercom at school, with fliers, at sporting events or club meetings, or on community events calendars in your local area.
Setting up a table at Back to School Night to announce your recycling is a wonderful way to get the word out to parents and staff! Here’s some pictures of Back to School tables, just to give you some inspiration. Click here or here for more info on Back to School with CFK.
The beginning of the school year is often an overwhelming time…so many papers to send home, so many projects to start.
Luckily, CFK is here to make your Back to School time easier.
Going Back to School with CFK is as easy as 1–2–3!
1. Gather up the following: CFK fliers, item poster, collection box, and examples of our recyclable items, if you have them.
2. Find a table. ANY kind of table. A card table, a desk, a cafeteria table, any place that you can set up.
3. Put it all together. It can be at Back to School night, a sporting event, in your school’s main lobby, anywhere that lots of people are going to see it. Tell everyone about your recycling program, and make sure they know what to bring in and where to bring it.
July is Recycle 4 Soldiers month here, and you’re right, I’m gonna quote Uncle Sam…We want YOU to help out!
1. Go right now to your junk drawer and take out the 1, 2 or 3 retired cell phones you have sitting in there. (You can grab the chargers while you’re at it.)Put the phones into an old box and tape it up. Tape the shipping label to it, and put it in your mailbox. Or, if you’re lucky enough to know your mailman/woman personally, you could hand it to them with a smile.
And you’re done! Your cell phones will be recycled or refurbished, and the proceeds will be sent on to the soldier support organizations we work with. See below for the list.
2. Go to the Recycle 4 Soldiers enrollment page on our website. Sign up your school, church, neighborhood association, bridge club, or sports team (or any other group really, because do people still join bridge clubs?). We’ll send you all the info you need to start a year-round recycling drive to support our troops. This means you collect all the stuff we recycle and send to us on our dime. We recycle all the stuff and send the money to those non-profits listed at the bottom of the page. Everybody wins.
3. Oh, you’re already a non-profit working to support our troops? PERFECT! You can sign up to recycle also. We’ll send you customizable fliers to advertise your collection, and you can be part of a recycling team full of soldier support organizations just like you.
Stay tuned later today for some exciting info about the new iPhone!
Funny you should ask. Because there totally is.
Here’s what you should know:
From this page, you can login to update your account information, check on the status of shipments, see an itemized list of items you’ve sent, and look at check amounts.
- Your vendor number is what you need to log in to your account. You can find it on your check stub or contact us to find out what it is. See, here it is, circled in red:
Your vendor number is both your username and your password, and will need to be typed in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Your username and password will never change, so write it down or save it somewhere.
- To see your shipment info, click on “View Invoice Information.” See, here it is, circled in red:
Once you click this link, check every box but “Save Inquiry Settings,” to get a list of all shipments you’ve made. By clicking on invoice numbers (those funky things we told you about last time that look like this: C5EAK93883), you will be able to see a detailed list of every item in that shipment, the tracking numbers from each box, and the total amounts.
Here’s a couple more things to know:
- You won’t be able to login to your account until you send (and we receive) your first shipment.
- You must completely close out of your internet browser to log out of your account.
- Shipments are listed by invoice number, not date. We know, it makes it a little tricky to find invoices, but scroll through the pages and you’ll get there. Look for the “Next Page” link at the bottom of the window.
That’s about it. So login today! It’s a great way for you to check your account information when YOU want to. And we’re always here to help. Call us (800.420.0235) or email us with any questions you’ve got.
Over the next couple weeks, we’ll be tackling the most talked about CFK questions; the inquiries that are burning in the hearts and minds of participants and wanna-be participants.
Ok, so it’s not that dramatic. We just want you to be informed.
If you have a question that isn’t answered here or here, drop us a line.
Contact info is at the bottom of this post.
1. We Were Green Before Green Was In
CFK‘s parent company, Access Computer Products, has been recycling electronics for over 20 years. It’s a tradition that’s important to us. CFK has been plugging along since 1999, and we’re proud to have such a strong background in recycling. Both CFK and Access’s recycling programs recycle in strict compliance with environmental regulations, destroy data in accordance with Department of Defense standards, and refuse to export electronic scrap. Your organization can feel confident that when recycling with CFK, you’re recycling with an established, reputable company that cares about helping you GREEN your world!
Ask a question here.
That’s right, CFK is paying you MORE MONEY for 100 different recyclable items!
Check out our new (and improved) price list here.
All items in bold have had their prices raised, so when you send those in, you make
Get the picture?
Stick around, because we’ll be raising values in April and May also. You never know how much you can make!
In honor of these values going up up up, we chose to share this cute video.
Some guy took the sounds, music, and voices from the movie Up and remixed them all together.
Happy Friday, Happy MORE MONEY Day from CFK!